Environments in IT refer to the different atmospheres through which your network infrastructure may operate. You have a variety of different options when it comes to a network environment, and these environments may vary according to the size of the company and the functions that the environment needs to facilitate. What does not change is the requirement for effective network security monitoring.
CYBERShark is a cloud-based SOC-as-a-service with the ability to integrate and provide network security compliance with multiple computing environments. We offer the flexibility you need to help ensure your data is protected at all times.
What Are the Different Kinds of Environments?
Businesses use different IT environments for different stages of production. A local environment could be limited to the computer where a user is designing a product or application. A development environment is one in which the developers begin creating their product or application through trial and error. These may also be referred to as sandbox environments.
You may then move to a testing environment where a quality control team on the network ensures the code is working correctly and will not conflict with existing functionality.
This may be followed by a staging environment that looks just like a live environment for demonstration purposes. This environment is ideal for performance testing as well as previewing new features and functionality.
Finally, we reach the production environment, an environment that is live on the servers and that users interact with directly.
Many of these environments require multiple personnel interacting with code on the network at all different times. For this reason, it has become extremely popular to use cloud computing environments for development and production. Cloud computing environments put much less stress on a company’s internal hardware, offer easy access to all users involved in the project and usually result in considerably lower costs.
However, with these added benefits come added security concerns. Cloud providers work with many different companies, and it can be hard to keep track of how many different entities have access to a cloud server. From a security perspective, cloud computing borders are more like a chain link fence than a concrete wall and may require much more vigilant and active security. Fortunately, cloud-based SOC-as-a-service with CYBERShark is fully equipped to provide this level of protection.
What Networks/Environments Are Our Products Compatible With?
If you are looking for reliable network security monitoring and threat detection for cloud infrastructure, our SOC-as-a-service is for you.
Our cybersecurity products are compatible with the most popular cloud computing platforms, including the following.
Amazon Web Services has quickly grown to become one of the most commonly used cloud providers in the world. This is in large part because it is incredibly easy to use. New users can connect with the system right away with the help of the intuitive AWS Management Console.
Another big advantage of AWS is that scalability is not a concern. AWS has no capacity limits, so you can purchase the capacity you need and expand whenever you need to without a problem. It is also known for features like Auto Scaling and Elastic Load Balancing which offers incredible speed and agility. With all the data a company may have on the cloud in an AWS environment, good security is critical. Our SOC-as-a-service works with AWS, and our security engineers are very aware of the cybersecurity challenges that exist in an AWS environment.
One of AWS’s biggest competitors is Microsoft Azure, Microsoft’s cloud computing environment. Cloud-based organizations have been flocking to Azure for their applications, product development and data because it is easy to use, easy for users to access the system and is highly conducive to scalability. Unfortunately, while Azure comes with a basic level of security for infrastructure, each network that uses the Azure environment is responsible for their own application security and data security.
Our SOC-as-a-service is designed to locate and combat the specific threats that Azure users may face to their applications and data. We understand how the Azure environment may have different vulnerabilities that traditional security monitoring may not be able to police, and we know what to do about it. Our SOC-as-a-service works seamlessly in your Azure environment to log which users are accessing which areas of your Azure infrastructure and why. That way, we can detect whether potential attackers may be probing your environment for weaknesses and alert you if your Azure environment has been breached by a hostile entity.
What Features Are in Place to Ensure Proper Security Monitoring on These Different Environments?
When you partner with us for SOC-as-a-service, you can be confident that you will get all the features of our software platform at work protecting your data and applications in environments like AWS or Azure, including:
- Threat detection – This feature locates potential attacks to your system as they happen.
- Advanced correlation – Events that occur in your environment are logged and cross-referenced to quickly identify suspicious activity.
- 24/7 network monitoring – Our software and security team are monitoring your network environment around the clock.
- Risk and liability assessment – We can find some of the biggest vulnerabilities in your environment and develop ways to make sure they cannot be exploited.
- Real-time alerts and rapid response – If your network environment could be compromised, automated alerts will let you know immediately so you can take fast action.
- Incident management – We log each significant event and adjust your protection accordingly.
- Malicious activity remediation – It’s not enough to detect threats. Our software has the means to stop them in their tracks.
- Compliance reporting – You’ll have the means to fully prepare for an audit and quickly run reports needed for compliance purposes.
How Are These Environments Similar and Different?
All network environments give you a faster and easier way to affect communal workflow, allowing multiple users better and quicker access to vital data and code so that you can complete application and product development faster. However, different environments, due to their size, their exposure to the public internet or the number of users who can access the environment, may have different security requirements. Our CYBERShark SOC-as-a-service has the top-level cybersecurity required to protect even the most vulnerable environments, while still effectively monitoring and logging events.
What Features Are in Place to Ensure Compliance With Laws and Regulations?
Depending on the industry you are in, there may be certain data security compliance rules you have to follow. There may be a few regulations or many, but virtually every industry has some compliance regulations in place, for example:
- Healthcare – Those who are involved with managing people’s sensitive medical data must comply with HIPAA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. This includes doctor’s offices, hospitals, clinics and health insurance providers.
- Finance – The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) is in place to guard against financial fraud. It involves taking steps to make sure financial information is secure and that financial records are kept for at least seven years. All accounting firms, management personnel and company boards in the U.S. must be sure they are in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Government – FISMA, the Federal Information Security Management Act, demands that information security data protection for any federal agency be treated as an issue of national security. This means any agency dealing with federal data must be sure to follow the highest protocols of data security.
- Credit card – PCI-DSS, or the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, refers to rules every company that takes credit card information must follow to protect the information of their cardholders.
Our SOC-as-a-service offers the highest level of security for your data and applications, so you can be confident you will be compliant with your industry’s data security regulations, regardless of your environment.
More importantly, our software program allows you to produce comprehensive and detailed compliance reports so that if there is an audit or your compliance is otherwise called into question, you will have complete evidence that you are following all rules and regulations.
Why Choose CYBERShark?
The security of your network environments is something that is too important to leave up to chance. You don’t want to find out after it’s too late that your security protocols are not suitable for protecting your environment. If you are using AWS or Microsoft Azure, you can be fully confident that CYBERShark will protect you. Furthermore, we are an affordable solution that is within the budget of many of the small and mid-sized companies that are attracted to environments like Azure and AWS.
We also offer a white label version of our product for those looking to resell cybersecurity. You will always have protection for your clients’ network environments when you use our product.
CYBERShark is a full suite of all the cybersecurity features you need to protect your environment that you can be taking advantage of right now. Call us at 1-844-564-7876 or contact us online immediately to order. Or, if you want to see CYBERShark in action first, just get in touch right away to schedule a free demonstration of our software.