The cloud is the present and the future of computing, especially for businesses. Companies across industries have seen the benefits of managing their data and their production environment remotely via the cloud. With the right cloud environment, you can take advantage of a vast number of services very affordably, without investing in any expensive hardware or physical data storage solutions.
Azure is one such environment, and a large number of companies have enjoyed great success with this cloud computing platform. If you are using or planning to use Azure in your business, you should know that while Azure does have security protocols in place, they may not be sufficient to fully protect your business from a data breach. The cloud is extremely vulnerable to attack from almost any direction, and for issues like 24/7 security monitoring and compliance management, you will want to engage a cloud-based SOC-as-a-service security platform such as CYBERShark.
What Is Azure?
Azure is a cloud computing platform consisting of a variety of cloud services that companies in a variety of industries can use to develop their applications and build their products. There are services for computing, storage, networking and analytics, all usable through the cloud so that companies do not need to make large investments in their own physical infrastructure to take advantage of these tools.
Azure computing services allow companies to enjoy the use of virtual machines (VMs), remote application access, containers and batch processing. Azure web services aid the development and deployment of a company’s web applications, while networking with Azure can involve the building of virtual networks, diagnostics, DNS hosting, load balancing and traffic management.
Azure has scalable cloud data storage services for both structured and unstructured data as well as persistent storage and archival storage.
These are just a few of the many cloud-based tools available to a company through Azure that can be integral to that company’s success. The more of Azure’s environment you take advantage of, however, the more important it is that you have adequate security. If you have a lot of sensitive data in the cloud, you will not want to rely solely on Azure’s security protocols. You will want a high-quality SOC-as-a-service providing an added layer of protection for client reassurance and compliance purposes.
How Do You Know What Environment Your System Is Using?
Azure is Microsoft’s cloud computing environment. You can use open source technology and other non-Windows programs with Azure, but if Microsoft is providing your cloud environment, you are using Azure.
What Are Our Product Features and Capabilities for Azure Clients?
If you are interested in CYBERShark but are concerned as to whether or not it will work with Azure, have no fear. CYBERShark is fully compatible with Azure and will add security features to your Azure environment, such as:
- Cloud security monitoring – Our 24/7 security monitoring is key to our security service. The cloud is vulnerable 24 hours a day. While you are sleeping or off the clock, cyberhackers are working feverishly to figure out ways to get at your network. CYBERShark is always watching, alert to any possible attack.
- Cybersecurity threat detection – When an attack does come, CYBERShark will recognize it. We have the most up-to-date virus and malware definitions and a skilled team of cybersecurity experts who know just what the latest cyberhacking techniques are and how to recognize them.
- Risk and liability assessment – When you began using Microsoft Azure, you probably had the impression that it was completely secure– and Azure does have many protections to keep your data safe. However, we’ll find the areas that its protection doesn’t cover.
- Advanced correlation – Advanced correlation is one of the most advanced forms of threat classification and detection. CYBERShark has a sophisticated advanced correlation engine to help identify more threats faster.
- Real-time alerts and rapid response – Azure may discover threats to your network, but you may not find out about them until serious damage is done. That is much less likely with CYBERShark, which has automated real-time alerts so that if there is an intrusion attempt on your system, you’ll know almost immediately and be able to take fast action.
- Incident and risk management – To effectively manage risk, your security system needs to know everything that happens in your system. Our SOC-as-a-service has logged and categorized millions of network events, enabling us to better understand your system and prioritize potential threats.
- Malicious activity remediation – We can identify and detect your threats, but can we fix them? Absolutely. We have some of the most effective remediation programs to eliminate malware and shut down breach attempts on your Azure environment.
- Azure compliance reporting – Some businesses, especially those in industries with very stringent data security requirements, may be concerned that they cannot provide their clients with sufficient data protection to stay in compliance with Azure. Our compliance reporting capabilities will allow you to prove that you can.
- Scalable systems – One of the benefits of using cloud technology is that you can pay for only what you need and as your business grows, you can increase capacity without needing to invest in expensive hardware. With CYBERShark, you can enjoy the same scalability so no matter how large or small your company is or how much your company grows, it remains completely protected and secure.
Azure Security and Compliance
How can we protect you from Azure security and compliance issues, and why is this important? Data compliance regulations exist across virtually every industry. Few companies can function without collecting data in the modern era, which means almost everyone’s personal information is in the cloud somewhere, usually in several places.
The consequences of having someone’s medical records fall into the wrong hands, or of a person’s passwords becoming public or of someone getting their identity stolen can be catastrophic, both for the individual and the company that allows it. For this reason, industries have regulatory bodies to enforce compliance with data security regulations that are strong enough to keep this sensitive information safe. Regulatory agencies or compliance regulations that you may need to follow can include:
- FISMA – The Federal Information Security Management Act requires that all federal agencies be in compliance with data security regulations that treat client data as matters of national security.
- HIPAA – The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act applies to all health-related organizations, including clinics and insurance companies, requiring these organizations take strong steps to prevent patient data from falling into the wrong hands.
- PCI-DSS – The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard includes regulations requiring companies that collect credit card information to protect the credit card data of their customers.
CYBERShark has the capacity to help you stay in compliance with these regulations and many others, including SOX, GPG13 and GDPR.
An audit by a compliance body that finds you in violation could result in costly fines and downtime, which is why being sure you are in compliance and being able to produce clear compliance reports with CYBERShark is so valuable.
How Much Does Azure Cloud Security Software Cost?
Perhaps you are interested in SOC-as-a-service for Azure but are concerned about the cost. You should know that, while our rates vary according to your company’s size, budget and security requirements, our SOC-as-a-service is designed to be compatible with Azure and other network environments, and there are no additional fees particular to using our service with Azure.
We understand that many smaller and mid-sized businesses with limited budgets use Azure, and we want them to be able to use CYBERShark, too. That’s why we offer our services at rates dramatically lower than either buying your own security system or internal security team or hiring another SOC-as-a-service provider.
While we are able to service larger companies just as efficiently, we can customize a plan that fits your budget — no matter what size company you have — and our plans start at just $350 per month.
Why Choose CYBERShark for Azure Cloud Security?
CYBERShark has been engineered by our security experts to integrate seamlessly with Azure. You’ll get all the benefits of Azure with a level of data security to rival the largest and most data-rich companies in the world. You get all this without having to invest in any special hardware, so it is easy to scale when you are ready.
We have worked hard to make sure CYBERShark can keep your data completely secure. We have state-of-the-art tools and talented cybersecurity engineers working all the time to keep that data safe.
Our compliance reporting can take a tremendous weight off your IT manager. You can print out clean compliance reports that will reassure you and anyone who may be auditing you that your data is safe, and you are in full compliance with industry regulations.
If you are a managed service provider offering Azure with added cybersecurity to your clients, ask about our white label cybersecurity service.
See for yourself how SOC-as-a-service for Azure can work for your business. Contact us now for a free demonstration of the software or get in touch with us at 1-844-564-7876 or online for more information.